Thursday, January 5, 2012

Some Cupcakes Were Harmed in this Production


You know why my New Year's Resolution is better than yours? Because mine encourages me to buy cupcakes. I saw a blog a while back, which sadly I cannot find, featuring these same cupcakes. Anyone who is familiar with the site Pinterest knows that it has great photos. One must be careful though when searching through craft projects to not get too impressed by the photo itself. I have seen great photos taken of really bad craft projects. Similarly, you can really sell a cupcake with a good photo (ok maybe not these). So to prove it, straight from my neighborhood Georgetown Cupcake Shoprite, here are some nice little photos.



Day #5 Resolutions can be tasty

And just to push the envelope, I wanted to prove that sometimes, it's about the lighting. A lot of bloggers think they need to spend hundreds on a great camera, meanwhile their phone can handle the job. Drop $25 at Lowe's on a decent light and you can take this photo:


 Seriously, I took that photo with my iPhone and all I did was brighten it, crop it, and tint it to balance some yellow (not hard) which you can do with any free editing software. You don't need a fancy dslr to take some great photos!

poor man's light studio

This challenge is causing my room to be a mess and some great engineering feats are being achieved using my furniture.

2 comments:

  1. I want to be you. This may be my favorite post ever.

    (Also you can keep procrastinating for all I care because you're helping me procrastinate too. ;) )

    ReplyDelete