Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Last Year of My First Quarter Century

This weekend I started my 25th year of life, which means... I turned 24. I once got into a bit of a misunderstanding with B when, in an attempt to be poetic and different I wished him a happy start to his 25th year of life and he got mad at me because I didn't know how old he was. I knew he was turning 24, but on your 24th birthday you start your 25th year of life. Sheesh. Just like at your first birthday you've been on the world for a whole year and then you start your second year. So anyway I got a little behind on posts because I just got off a 2 week study binge and decided to abandon the computer for a weekend whilst celebrating. There has been far too much cake and icing consumed this weekend and still remnants of chocolatey deliciousness sitting around my apartment. A quick rundown of the weekend included:

Friday night revelry with friends with wine and cupcakes:

beautiful cupcakes made by T-Hens


Dinner Saturday night at the Chart House which was amazing. A beautiful view of the NYC skyline, absolutely delicious food, and great company to top it off. Sunday my BFF came to visit and we did fantastically girly things like watch a chick flick and paint our toenails. My boyfriend sent a lovely vase of longstem roses.

And Kate came on Monday (thanks for the day off MLK!) and we made cake and worked on my wall.

Kate can decorate a cake!
 I went to the antique store on Saturday with my mom and sister and found some really great stuff to add to the wall. I would still call it a work in progress but it is progressing quite well. Many thanks to Kate for her help. It was most definitely a two man job.


And the pictures for the day, well I'm behind and none of the above are really resolution worthy but at least to keep up #14 A Spot of Tea. Also at the thrift shop I found some cute china and some tarnished spoons. The utensils are mostly for picture taking. Shiny spoons are hard to photograph. I don't plan on dipping these tarnished ones in my mint tea!



These thrift store finds are becoming more and more important in my resolution. I originally tried to take this on a white table and it just didn't look great. Throw it on top of a Coke crate from 1972 and you've got a nice little backdrop. My more useful thrift store finds have been handkerchiefs, luggage, and wood crates. Old books, china, and utensils make great subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment