Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Mismatched

Two posts in one day.... INCONCEIVABLE!

As a kindergartner, I used to lay on my bed in my underwear and say to my mother "Dress me aya!" A reference to the Disney movie A Little Princess . My mother finally decided one day that I would have to dress myself. I came out looking great- I got my sister to pick out my clothes! My ability to pick out an outfit has improved drastically over the years and yet, a lot of things today just don't match, except they do. I have a shirt from Anthropologie with multiple fabrics that just don't match, but it's a great shirt! And so this principle seems to apply to more and more things. Scroll through wedding design and interior improvement sites and you'll see the mismatching. Bridesmaids dresses that are all different in styles and cuts and a slight variation on color. I even saw a wonderful jewelry organization idea at MarthaStewart.com and I loved it. I went out to the antique store and bought lots of mismatched china. Dishes like these are a challenge because of the way they reflect light when photographed. I'm still working on my ability to photograph them, but this is what I've got for now.


#23 Mismatched

No comments:

Post a Comment