Wednesday, January 4, 2012

RAW + Lighting

Photoshop is a new endeavor for me which means RAW is completely foreign but today I fell in love! I got a new lighting setup on the cheap thanks to Apron of Grace. I set the whole thing up and was really upset with the white balance and my shots. Tungsten was too blue, AWB was completely off (as usual) and I should probably figure out how to use custom on the camera. So I did something different, because this challenge means I need to post a photo. I took the picture in RAW and fixed everything on photoshop and it was amazing! For anyone out there that is scared of RAW like I was, it is super simple. In your camera Menu just change Quality to L + RAW and shoot away. When you open it on the computer photoshop will know what to do and the adjustment panel will pop open. Don't have photoshop? Get a 30 day free trial! That is what I am currently working with. (Anyone looking for a birthday present for me- Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, ppppplease).

So here I have my before and after. The subject itself is not spectacular but this is all about editing and learning new things! So here is the Before and After.


#4 I purchased these little guys in an amazing mountain top town in the Indian Himalayas. The handkerchief is from an antique store in Michigan and they are all on an old coca-cola crate purchased from the same store.

2 comments:

  1. This looks *awesome.*

    So, new plan. I'll become a famous food blogger, you become a famous photographer, and we'll collaborate because my pictures soooo need work. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tara! The iPhone is one of the best point and shoots on the market, you can do a lot even without a dslr. You should get yourself a lighting setup like the one I linked to in this post and maybe a mini tripod. Seriously, it would work wonders!

    ReplyDelete