Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Playing Catch Up

I woke up before the sun today which is quite a rare occurrence for me especially on 4 hours of sleep. My life is medical school, with a little bit of photography sprinkled on top. The morning sky through my window is beautiful. Normally I squint at it through one eye, think about getting up, and then bury my head in my pillow. These pictures do not do it justice but I don't have time to be picky and it's a nice use of the negative-space-oo-lala-i'm-an-artsy-photographer principle. So picture #10 Up with the Sun



 Also, I am running short of things of which I can take pictures. People love pictures of kids and brides and pregnant ladies. Unfortunately there are not a lot of children in medical school, there are some though :-P

And since I just love wedding photography I got all inspired by the classic shoe shots and decided to take a try at it. Ideally I would have gotten these a little sharper using a tripod but I was shooting far too high (on top of a bookshelf) to use my tripod. That also would have required I go to my car and get the tripod out of my trunk. I still like the colors and how they turned out though. Just because I don't have a wedding to shoot doesn't mean I can't try! So picture(s) #11 Shoes!





My Michican antique store purchases are really coming into handy as props! Handkerchief was $1 and the fantastic antique luggage, only $8. And the shoes are Enzo Angiolini (Macy's clearance right after Christmas!).

No comments:

Post a Comment