Saturday, January 21, 2012

Snow Day

If I was a kid, this would be the worst winter ever. Late January and still no snow. And the day it snows is a weekend and 3 inches will be cleared up my Saturday night with no hopes of a day off from school As a skier, this is still the worst winter ever. Buying a season pass to a ski resort is like entering the lottery. Some seasons, it's the best decision you ever made and you ski for 2 weeks straight on a pass that pays for itself in 5 visits. That was two years ago. The American Ski Company must have known about the amazing value I got 2 years ago. I'm guessing that the exact moment that my parents purchased a season pass for me, someone decided that it would not snow this winter. And so, here I am, with a season pass and I've skied one day this season. ::Throws herself pity party:: #firstworldproblems I know, I know. Anyhow. I was supposed to be in Vermont this weekend but somehow my parents ended in Miami, Vermont got snow, and I am sitting in an apartment in the burbs of Jersey while my class mates tear up White Face in Lake Placid. "I'm not bitter at all!" she says quite sarcastically.

So here is my picture of snow in the burbs. My attempt to sprinkle rose petals on snow was thwarted by wind and the fact that the snow wasn't really powdery. Powdery snow is great for photography.

#19 Not skiing

And since I needed a way to procrastinate and the snow wasn't too photography worthy I played around with the natural light of my living room, pinterest eye make up tutorials and (failed) no heat curls tutorials.

#20 Still not Skiing


No comments:

Post a Comment