Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Give Me a Break

Did you know you can get some severe neck and back pain from hardcore studying? I mean, I was a pretty dedicated undergraduate and never had that sort of problem until medical school. Walk around the cubicles and you'll see fancy book stands. At first I chuckled at this extreme nerdiness and then somewhere around my second exam I had these shooting pains down my back, coincidentally every time I would look down at my book. I now own a book stand. It's exam week which means I get behind on things, like resolutions, consume too much caffeine, spend too much money at Starbucks, and my back hurts. So, I'm a little late on this one, but give me a break! And what is the only thing I have to take pictures of? Caffeine and notes of course!


#9 The Art of Coffee. I never drank coffee before medical school, I hated it. My sister jokes that even now I don't like coffee, I like over-sugared milk with a tiny shot of espresso. Nevertheless I've been working on my coffee making skills with a Bialetti espresso maker. The milk is really the artful part. Figured out how to really get it frothy with the wisk. Making my own means saving money AND the added bonus of not having to change out of my pajamas and traipse outside.

My morning coffee is a bit over romanticized. Life looks a little more like this right now:

i own every pen in every color, ever

2 comments:

  1. I wish i had cup of coffee that looked like that top picture as i study neuroantomy, which looks more like that bottom picture! :)

    this blog makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Amy. I sympathize with the neuroanatomy. We had 11 weeks straight of nothing but Neuro and it was awful! I can't imagine dental school is much better. Why are we doing this again?!

    ReplyDelete