Monday, July 25, 2011

Busy Bee

I could blame the lack of posting on many things including a temporary relocation to the nation's smallest state, a shoddy "Public" internet connection in the dorm I am inhabiting, seven hours of teaching a day, or shear laziness, but one thing is for sure: I am not lacking photos!

Shortly after a beautiful sunset over a little barn, I found myself amongst an apartment that looked ransacked. Fortunately, I was not robbed, rather, unpacking from India has taken the shape of throwing everything onto the floor. In two days I turned my apartment around and sorted everything into 2 sets of boxes- those that are going to camp and those that must be moved to the new apartment. My roommate who is spending the summer in Germany already moved most of her things out and my parents have so graciously agreed to help me move a years worth of "real life" apartment furnishings into my new place, which happens to be the next stairwell over. I, in the meantime, have been teaching at a summer camp for nerdy kids who love science as much as me. PCR, Transformations, Gel Electrophoresis, we do it all.

I had to arrive at camp a bit late because I could not miss the wedding of a dear friend. Lala is my sister's best friend and practically my older sister #2. I got to try out my new lens at her wedding. Seeing as she lives just a few houses up the street and my sister was her MOH, I showed up to take some photos (which was thwarted by the real photographer) but  I did manage to get some nice shots.

(That's me in the mirror)

The wedding was in the church we all grew up in

The ties were fantastic.


Lala and "Papabear"

Obligatory B&W back shot

Hottie

The dress


The first dance

The Best Man's Speech
These 4 have been BFFs since... well forever

The Mommas in the same order (not planned)

So Anthropologie (Love it!)



The cookies that saved my life

So I got to have my cake and eat it too but it involved leaving the wedding and immediately getting in the car and driving in the middle of the night on 95N. I rewarded myself with a cookie every 2 miles and a delicious one that tasted like chocolate covered raw cookie dough at 100 miles! It kept me awake until I arrived at 3:30 am. Driving in the middle of the night ended up being the best decision because I made it in under 5 hours which is a record by far. My lovely camp roommate, Kate, moved me in during the wee hours of the morning. So now I'm back in Bayside where shenanigans ensue. More in the next post about Adventures with Kate, which are usually ridiculous and involve lots of giddy laughter.

Besitos,

D

No comments:

Post a Comment